Note on IBM announcement

Anil Khullar ANKGC at CUNYVM
Fri Feb 16 10:34:12 AEST 1990

Steve forgot to mention the X terminals they introduced. They are called
Xstation 120. The one I played around with for a while 19" color and
1280 X 1024 pixels. Unlike the old MegaPels, they took up the full screen.
and had 8.5 Meg on board (512K+8meg addon). This to me was as exciting
as their POWERServers. I will probably get to talk to my local rep tommorow
about the Educational Prices. My friend (who works for a trading house)
and uses DECstation flipped out when he saw a ticker news feed on a window
and speed at which other applications were running.

Needless to say this time IBM probably has done it right --- And jumped
ahead of the field :-)

  Anil