6000 pricing

Margaret Mikulska mikulska at odin.ucsd.edu
Sun Feb 25 11:09:09 AEST 1990

In article <1580 at awdprime.UUCP> marc at awdprime.austin.ibm.com.UUCP (Marc J. Stephenson) writes:
>In article <9077 at stiatl.UUCP> meo at stiatl.UUCP (Miles O'Neal) writes:
>[ stuff about hardware configurations and prices deleted ]
>
>>Now, what comes with the software? TCP/IP, I assume [...]

Speaking of which, could anybody elaborate on networking utilities coming
with AIX 3.x ? In particular, I'm interested how compatible 6000 is in
this respect with Sun networking environment.

Another question:
I heard that AIX doesn't have 'dump' or 'restore'. What backup utilities
do they have then ?
Do they support 150 MB QIC-150 cartridge drives ? What about Exabyte drives ?

thanks

Margaret Mikulska
UC San Diego
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering

mikulska at cs.ucsd.edu