6000 pricing

Daniel Ehrlich ehrlich at cs.psu.edu
Mon Feb 26 05:51:36 AEST 1990

In article <7887 at sdcsvax.UCSD.Edu> mikulska at odin.ucsd.edu (Margaret Mikulska) writes:

Marg> In article <1580 at awdprime.UUCP> marc at awdprime.austin.ibm.com.UUCP (Marc J. Stephenson) writes:
>In article <9077 at stiatl.UUCP> meo at stiatl.UUCP (Miles O'Neal) writes:
>[ stuff about hardware configurations and prices deleted ]
>
>>Now, what comes with the software? TCP/IP, I assume [...]

Marg> Speaking of which, could anybody elaborate on networking utilities coming
Marg> with AIX 3.x ? In particular, I'm interested how compatible 6000 is in
Marg> this respect with Sun networking environment.

It has all of the 'Berkeley' programs.  And seems to work fairly well with
both Suns and IBM RTs.

Marg> Another question:
Marg> I heard that AIX doesn't have 'dump' or 'restore'. What backup utilities
Marg> do they have then ?

Both dump and restore exist and are similar to the AIX 2.2.1 versions, but
some of the arguments are different.

Marg> Do they support 150 MB QIC-150 cartridge drives ? What about Exabyte drives ?

The one I have came with a 150MB QIC tape, but it is written in a format
that does not appear to be compatible with other 150MB drives.

--
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich at cs.psu.edu>
Voice: +1 814 863 1142	FAX: +1 814 865 3176