How to increase swap space in AIX PS/2 1.1?

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Sat Feb 3 00:25:06 AEST 1990

I've recently started working with AIX PS/2 1.1, in preparation for
doing some porting work.  However, now that I have Emacs and bash
running, I've a small problem with swap space.  Someone else built the
system with the default swap area of 4000 blocks, and now I'm running
out of swap space when I compile large programs from Emacs.

I have a small partition that I'm willing to sacrifice, but it was
originally configured as "/u" and now the "minidisks" command won't
let me change its status.

So can I increase my swap space without rebuilding the whole disk??
I'd be very disappointed if this change is impossible...
--
Chip Salzenberg at ComDev/TCT   <chip%tct at ateng.com>, <uunet!ateng!tct!chip>
          "The Usenet, in a very real sense, does not exist."