How to increase swap space in AIX PS/2 1.1?

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Mon Feb 5 03:57:02 AEST 1990

chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:

>I have a small partition that I'm willing to sacrifice, but it was
>originally configured as "/u" and now the "minidisks" command won't
>let me change its status.

>So can I increase my swap space without rebuilding the whole disk??

I have deleted my "/u" minidisk, so I know it is possible.  Rather than
trying to "change" its status, you might try to delete it, and then mark
it as "free space" and THEN make it swap space.  I wouldn't know about
swap space: I'm running a few small reentrant programs on a machine with
8 meg; I don't think I've swapped.

You may have to do this when booted from the "maintennance" diskette.
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin