Using IBMLINK from RT under 2.2.1

harris at frith.egr.msu.edu harris at frith.egr.msu.edu
Fri Jan 5 03:50:27 AEST 1990

Has anyone ever been successful in hooking up with the service IBMLINK
via modem?

I have been trying to dial into this service for about two weeks now.  I

get to the login screen, where it asks for the terminal type.  And then
I get bombed out by what looks like a surge in the line or
something. I end up having to disconnect when this happens.

IBM says that I have a bad direct line.  I have a hard time believing
that because we send hundreds of files out daily using this same line,
and rarely do we get any errors due to the line noise.

I am running under AIX 2.2.1 RT, and using an ibm3162 as my terminal
type.  I have had no success from my ibm3162 terminal or from the
console (ibm5151).   I have my device settings set correct according to
the IBM representatives.

Any help would be appreciated.

My first time on the net......WOW!

thanks
Craig Harris          UUCP: ...rutgers!mailrus!frith!fciiho!craig
Farm Bureau Insurance       ...decvax!purdue!mailrus!frith!fciiho!craig
Lansing Michigan            ...uunet!frith!fciiho!craig