ksh on aix?

Ben Fried ben at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Thu Jan 4 09:06:11 AEST 1990

I've successfully compiled a hacked-up ksh on a PS/2 model 80, running
AIX.  It seems to work fine, except that users (even ones with system as
their primary group) can't su with it, and can't use the open command -
it returns error 069-055: 'You cannot Open the "xxx" window because the
system cannot find the necessary control information', which the
messages reference says is caused because the system was not able to
Open the console window.  What's the problem?  Do I have to hack on the
ksh more?  I notice that open and on are documented in the sh and csh
man pages, indicating that they may be shell builtins.

Oh - by hacked-up, I mean a ksh that behaves in a little more
"tenex"-like fashion: completion on tab or esc, listing on '?', more
emacs-like control-t behavior, uppercase et. al. backwards added, and a
"kept forks" concept, similar to tops-20's kept jobs.  These shouldn't
be causing my problems, though.

Ben
--
Benjamin Fried