What is wrong with telnet?

David J. Camp david at wubios.wustl.edu
Thu Jan 11 22:06:58 AEST 1990

Hi,  I just installed AIX on my 16MHz PS/2 Model 70, and am having some
problems.  First, I was trying to restore some files from a Mountain tape
drive on my PC.  Dos Merge allows me to run the tape.exe command, and it is
able to access the drive, but it misbehaves in a predictable fashion.  That is,
it fails in the same way every time.  Some of the things I try cause the
PC to spontaneously reboot.  Next I tried telnet to a Sun 3/260 on the
same Ethernet.  I am able to login, but when I start running full-screen
software, the session starts losing characters so that I do not see
everything I am supposed to on the screen.  If press the key to tell my
application to refresh the screen, it fails in a similiar but somewhat
differring fashion.  Third, I have installed the c compiler, but nowhere
to I find a command called 'cc' on my disk.

Any help would be appreciated.  -David-

Bitnet:   david at wubios.wustl                ^      Mr. David J. Camp
Internet: david%wubios at wugate.wustl.edu   < * >    Box 8067, Biostatistics
uucp:     uunet!wugate!wubios!david         v      660 South Euclid
Washington University (314) 36-23635               Saint Louis, MO 63110