where is stdio.h?

Rob Miracle rob at disk.UUCP
Sat Jan 13 03:51:51 AEST 1990

In article <990 at wubios.wustl.edu>, david at wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp) writes:
> Hi,  I am a new AIX user, and I finally figured out that '/lib/vsc' was
> the name of the C compiler (by reinstalling and watching the display).
> Now I find that it does not have compatible command-line options as the
> normal unix cc compiler.  Once I got started compiling with new options,
> it tells me that it cannot find the "stdio.h" file.  I verified that
> there is no stdio.h in any subdirectory of /usr/include.  Please let me
> know what I am supposed to do to use this compiler.  -David-

You are suffering from the same problem that I had a while back  (actually,
I just got it resolved Wednesday).

You need a product called the "Application Development Toolkit"  In contains:
  cc
  as
  make
  cpp
  all the *.h files
  all the lib* files (such as libc.a)

The C Compiler is just the compiler none of the support.  Our university price
was in the mid $100's.  Corperate price will be somewhat higher.

Rob

--
##      Rob Miracle       ## Call DISK  (502) 968-5401 thru 968-5406  1200-8N1
##      rob at disk.uucp     ##    Available through Starlink!    24 Hours

"Always assume that the other player is an enemy and that the next move is a     trap."  -- Klingon Saying (ST:RPG Klingon Supplement)