MicroChannel Ethernet for Model-55?

Micky Liu micky at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Fri Jan 12 21:00:22 AEST 1990

I am experiencing some difficulty installing an UB NICps/2 in an IBM PS/2-55.
We have several of of these boards installed in model 80's running AIX/PS2,
but cannot even get past the hardware installation on the model 55.  The board
has documentation listing the 50, 60, and 80 as possible host machines, but I
didn't think that the 55 was so much different...  The machine does not even
get to the memory check if the board is installed.  Can somebody tell me what
makes the 55 so different and if there is a rememdy or an alternate ethernet
card for the 55?

Thanx!

Micky

internet: m-liu at cs.columbia.edu