MicroChannel Ethernet for Model-55?

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM
Mon Jan 15 04:57:52 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan12.100022.20445 at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> micky at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Micky Liu) writes:

>I am experiencing some difficulty installing an UB NICps/2 in an IBM PS/2-55.
>We have several of of these boards installed in model 80's running AIX/PS2,
>but cannot even get past the hardware installation on the model 55.  The board
>has documentation listing the 50, 60, and 80 as possible host machines, but I
>didn't think that the 55 was so much different...

Sorry, there was a reason that the 55 was not listed, it is an 386SX based
system if memory servers, and it is VERY different in its firmware and hardware
from the Model 80's or 70's (386 based) and 50's or 60's (286 based). I would
talk very carefully with any hardware vendor before purchasing addon's for
it. I remember some limitations with respect to AIX on this hardware as well,
but don't recall the details off the top of my head.

Disclaimer: These are my views and may not be shared by IBM or ICC!

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at ifs.umich.edu