A couple of hardware questions about the 6000

A. Lester Buck buck at siswat.UUCP
Tue May 29 02:58:02 AEST 1990

In article <1990May28.035037.29446 at edm.uucp>, geoff at edm.uucp (Geoff Coleman) writes:
< 	Yes you are correct in saying that the number of process slots is
< large (it is 131071 on my present load 9005K). But what concerns me is the
< value of maxproc being 40. This number was obtained from the var command
< within crash. Does this not mean that any user (other than root of course)
< is limited to 40 processes at once?

Uh, isn't this the type of question you can answer for yourself in five
or ten minutes?  Why don't you check it out and tell us what you find.

--
A. Lester Buck     buck at siswat.lonestar.org  ...!texbell!moray!siswat!buck