Need a tape driver for any unix on PS/2

Brad Isley bgi at stiatl.UUCP
Wed May 30 06:46:48 AEST 1990

In article <3002 at ursa-major.SPDCC.COM> dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
>In article <10135 at stiatl.UUCP> bgi at stiatl.UUCP (Brad Isley) writes:
>
>AIX 1.1 supports the tape card and the ethernet card.  What's the problem?

It does?  I know someone who spent approximately 1 entire week on the phone
talking to various people from IBM trying to find out if the tape drive was
supported.  He got ZERO answers - a big company with just a few people with
the knowledge he sought.  He spent a good deal of time trying to get it to
work with no success.  Interactive lied to him on several occasions when
he tried to get help from them with questions like 'Do you have a driver
for 6157-002 tape drive?', etc., thus causing great dispair and an unusable
copy of Interactive Unix on my desk right now.  If you're saying AIX rel
1.1 supports the 6157-002 tape drive, that's great!
I'm going to install AIX in a few minutes.  Thanx for the info.  The
reference disk "Test Computer" program says the tape drive needs service.
It tested OK before, when the AIX was installed a few months ago.
I've been trying to find out how to get it fixed.  Anyway, thanx for
all the help, and if I can get the hardware serviced I'll be on my merry way.

While I'm at it, what is to be gained by upgrading to AIX 1.2?
I'm sure it's improved in some areas.  What are those areas?

Thanx again!
--
------------------------------\     / ..and Apple thought GUI was theirs!.. \
 emory!stiatl!bgi  841-4169    \---| Yer local zymurgist & Amiga hacker/user |