Text file busy

Pete "The Invisible Man" Gregory pete at bally.Bally.COM
Thu May 3 03:00:44 AEST 1990

Hi -

We are running AIX 2.2.1 on two RT's (6150/135).  Sometimes, AIX seems
to get real upset when we try to do even the simplest commands.  If,
for example, I try to do an 'ls', I'll get the message:

/bin/ls: Text file busy

...this can happen on nearly any file/command that we try to invoke.

The messages reference (000-026) says that another process is using the
file.  Not much help, because 'ps' and/or 'fuser' never shows anyone
using these files.

Hint: this phenomena seems more likely to happen if we are playing around
with SDLC SNA.  Rebooting seems to help for a while.

Any ideas?  Ignorant minds want to know.

Pete Gregory   : uucp:   uunet!bally!pete            |
Software Engr. : domain: pete at bally.bally.com     ---|---
Bally Systems  : phone:  702-323-6156 x882           |         John 3:16
255 Bell St.   : FAX:    702-323-5997                |     (think about it!)
Reno, NV 89503                                       |