Problems with July 90 release of RISC6000

JS Goldlin jsg at basecamp.UUCP
Mon Nov 12 15:45:31 AEST 1990

I am running the original golden release (july '90) on the RISC6000 &
experiencing numerous problems:

	1) First and foremost is a system crash with the message "Data
	   Storage Proc - Interrupt" when X is running along with a data
	   communications product.  Anybody else having problems running other
	   products with X?
	2) Occasionally, a shell command will just hang on accessing
	   a particularly directory.  When I go to another window & do a ps,
	   I can see the command sitting on a particular WCHAN code.  If I do
	   any other access to this directory, that process also hangs with
	   the same WCHAN code.  Everything else continues to run fine.  The
	   only way I have found to clear this condition is to reboot the
	   machine.
	3) Has anybody out there loaded any of the update releases for the
	   RISC6000?  Are they worth the effort at this time?

Please mail any responses to the following net address
and I will post any useful information.