Problems with July 90 release of RISC6000

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Wed Nov 14 00:46:14 AEST 1990

In article <5274 at basecamp.UUCP> jsg at basecamp.UUCP (JS Goldlin) writes:
>I am running the original golden release (july '90) on the RISC6000 &
>experiencing numerous problems:

the original "golden release" was 9021F, a june release.  if you are
running on a july release it would be PTF 3001 (or 2001).

>	3) Has anybody out there loaded any of the update releases for the
>	   RISC6000?  Are they worth the effort at this time?

if you have july AIX V3.1, you already have loaded an update.  some
of the problems you describe sound familiar in older releases.  give
your support team a call and they will tell you if those problems
have been corrected.

>Please mail any responses to the following net address
>and I will post any useful information.

you really need to contact your IBM support team.  the net is a
wonderful resource for some things, but this is not one of them.
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"SCCS, the source motel!  Programs check in and never check out!"
		-- Ken Thompson