To SMIT or not to SMIT

jsalter at slo jsalter at slo
Thu Nov 15 05:32:54 AEST 1990

In article <4871 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM> dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com (Steve Dyer) writes:
>What IS
>annoying was the apparent need of IBM to redo common ways of doing old
>things (not new things) so that the 17 years of system management
>skills are essentially useless.

This is not a new argument/comment.  Either inside IBM AWD or outside IBM.
If you don't like it and can make a convincing argument to the powers-that-be,
please do so.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for what OSF's DME is going to do.  Now, THAT
should be interesting.

>Steve Dyer
>dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer
>dyer at arktouros.mit.edu, dyer at hstbme.mit.edu

jim/jsalter  IBM AWD, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427   VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: jsalter at slo.awdpa.ibm.com         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
  PS/2 it, or DIE!  :-)  The ramblings above have nothing to do with Big Blue.