XStation 120 - AIXWindows vs. real X11 - Obstracle

Tim Brown tim at comcon.UUCP
Tue Nov 27 19:01:36 AEST 1990

In article <MEZGER.90Nov18215800 at dia.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>, mezger at dia.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (Kai Martin Mezger) writes:

> We are running some of those XStation 120 pizza-boxes connecting to a
> RISC/6000 320 via thin-wire ethernet.
>
> Trying to get an xterm (et. al.) from our HP-Boxes (HP-UX 7.0)
> displaying on these "displays" we don`t get nothing. Our PC/RTs
> display just great, so it won`t be a matter of disabled access (we do
> a xhost +).

I ran into something similiar when I first instlled X.  I noticed that
the default DISPLAY setting is unix:0.  This would not work with my
ISC unix box.  When I changed the 6000 DISPLAY to sabus:0 (hostname =
sabus) all was right.  Remote xterms called up from the PC to the
6000 work as expected now.

--
Tim Brown            |
Computer Connection  |