Has anyone got less to work under AIX-3.1 on a RS6000 ?

Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto jgabriel at mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
Wed Nov 28 09:24:58 AEST 1990

michael at uni-paderborn.de (Michael Schmidt) writes:
>When viewing a file you have to type in FOUR chracters, before the
>first is honored. And then all behaves like a queue. After typing in
>the fifth character the second gets handles and so on. Giving it a 'q'
>to quit and three more characters less will quit and the three
>characters show up on the command line.

   I had the same problem with the less program, and I use the next
  steps to compile it and it works fine now:

   1. Use the makefile.bsd42
   2. Change the GLOB variable to 0 in the makefile
   3. Change the LIBS variable to '-lcurses -lbsd'
   4. Type make and enjoy less!

   Hope this helps...

--
*****   Greetings from Mexico!   *****
Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto                   Internet:
Ing. Sistemas Electronicos                jgabriel at mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
I.T.E.S.M. Campus Monterrey