Has anyone got less to work under AIX-3.1 on a RS6000 ?

Michael Schmidt michael at uni-paderborn.de
Tue Nov 27 01:37:50 AEST 1990

I just tried to install the more replacement less on our rs6000. All
comilations went fine, I got a working executable. But, ... the
behaviour is strange.

When viewing a file you have to type in FOUR chracters, before the
first is honored. And then all behaves like a queue. After typing in
the fifth character the second gets handles and so on. Giving it a 'q'
to quit and three more characters less will quit and the three
characters show up on the command line.

Looks pretty wierd to me. Any ideas?
--
      Michael Schmidt, FB 17, Uni-GH Paderborn, Warburgerstr. 100,
                     D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany
Mail:   michael at pbinfo.UUCP         or          michael at uni-paderborn.de