A neat trick for your RS/6000's

Robin D. Wilson/1000000 robin at sabre.austin.ibm.com
Wed Nov 21 02:16:29 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov2.021142.24553 at mintaka.lcs.mit.edu> dstailey at gnu.ai.mit.edu (Doug Stailey) writes:
>Today I learned how to switch virtual screens on an IBM HFT.  Since I
>could not find this in the documentation and it's usefull I decided to
>tell the world.

It is documented in info under the "open" command.

)From the green text screen on the HFT type "open sh" (you may
)substitute csh, ksh or bash for sh if you prefer).  You will notice
)that the screen will clear.  This is a new virtual terminal that you
)are looking at.  To switch back and forth between this and your
)previous screen press the right alt and ctrl keys at once.  If you
)start X-windows from one of the screens you can jump in and out of X
)and text-only mode

The ALT-ACTION sequence will move you in one direction, while (RT)SHIFT-ACTION
will cycle through the hft's in the other direction.

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!sabre.austin.ibm.com!robin             |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)823-4526                       |