austin.ibm.com

Marc J. Stephenson/140000;1C-22 marc at stingray.austin.ibm.com
Wed Nov 21 06:22:25 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov19.144943.10764 at rodan.acs.syr.edu> pszemkow at rodan.acs.syr.edu (Paul Szemkow) writes:
>In article <4233 at awdprime.UUCP> mbrown at testsys.austin.ibm.com (Mark Brown) writes:
>>Mark Brown    IBM AWD Austin, TX.     (512) 823-3741   IBMnet: MBROWN at AUSVM6
>>MAIL:    {cs.utexas.edu|uunet}!aixsm!aixsmlab!testsys!mbrown (gross, huh?)
>
>Is there a way of addressing a person on VNET through internet?  I have the
>following address, VNET:RSNYDER at BOSTON.  What more do I need?  I have
>tried emailing directly to you, without success.  Any suggestions?

VNET is one name for an IBM internal net linking IBM sites around the world.
Mark Brown calls it IBMnet in his signature.  One cannot normally get to VNET
from external means such as Internet.  Many of us within IBM include VNET in
our signatures because some internal newsgroups get shadowed onto VNET-accesible
internal nodes.  Some sites are getting normal Internet nodes so that you won't
have to use addresses such as the "External" address in my signature, but I
doubt that BOSTON is one of those.

--
Marc Stephenson (marc at stingray.austin.ibm.com)
DISCLAIMER: The content of this posting is independent of official IBM position.