austin.ibm.com

Nicholas J. Simicich njs at scifi.UUCP
Tue Nov 27 01:25:21 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov19.144943.10764 at rodan.acs.syr.edu> pszemkow at rodan.acs.syr.edu (Paul Szemkow) writes:
>In article <4233 at awdprime.UUCP> mbrown at testsys.austin.ibm.com (Mark Brown) writes:
>>Mark Brown    IBM AWD Austin, TX.     (512) 823-3741   IBMnet: MBROWN at AUSVM6
>>MAIL:    {cs.utexas.edu|uunet}!aixsm!aixsmlab!testsys!mbrown (gross, huh?)
>
>Is there a way of addressing a person on VNET through internet?  I have the
>following address, VNET:RSNYDER at BOSTON.  What more do I need?  I have
>tried emailing directly to you, without success.  Any suggestions?

Individuals throughout IBM are allowed to sign up (with their first
line manager's approval) to use a gateway in Tampa to get mail from
the internet.  You can try to send mail to rsnyder at boston.iinus1.ibm.com,
or, for the MX deprived, rsnyder%boston at iinus1.ibm.com.  If that
doesn't work, then contact the individual by phone and encourage them
to sign up.  This, of course, doesn't address the issue of news
postings going out with unreachable addresses, which really shouldn't
be discussed in this newsgroup.  We have lazy news admins here within
IBM.  I know, cause I'm one.

Nick Simicich - uunet!bywater!scifi!njs - njs at ibm.com
SSI #AOWI 3958, HSA 318