Can root have /bin/csh as login shell

Engbert Gerrit IJff engbert at cs.vu.nl
Fri Nov 2 01:29:13 AEST 1990

In article <133 at .msinc.msi.com>,
	peter at msinc.msi.com (Peter Blemel) writes:
)
) Having /bin/csh as the login shell can be painful if you're not careful. I
) currently have it as the login shell, but I know better. I re-installed the
) os and then restored the passwd file before installing the lpp with csh on it.
) I logged out, figuring I'd finish it in the morning. Big mistake. You can't
) login when the shell is not there. I had to go into maintenence mode to fix
) it.
)
) Peter

Well, in the future you could avoid this problem by
ln /bin/sh /bin/csh
if you would like to logout and finish installation
at a later time, couldn't you?

Bert