tmp dir filling up, why?

Tim Brown tim at comcon.UUCP
Wed Nov 28 10:56:37 AEST 1990

I am experiencing a strange problem.  My tmp directory is filling up
with a file crout* owned by root and group cron.  This file fills up
with the text from stdout from one of my login processes.  There is
nothing in the crontab which would do this.  It is almost like
evertime someone logs in the stdout goes into /tmp/crout*, but it
multiplies because the is 16megs of these repetitions.

Besides all of that, when I remove the huge file, I don't get the
space back even tho it seems to be gone.

Does this ring any bells?

Thanks for any help.

--
Tim Brown            |