device driver help needed!

qbzj at vax5.cit.cornell.edu qbzj at vax5.cit.cornell.edu
Wed Nov 28 10:43:34 AEST 1990

I need some help with using an RS6000 for data acquisition purposes.  What
I need to do is to talk to a National Instruments 32 bit parallel card.  On a
386 pc running dos this was just a matter of "out"ing words to the apropriate
registers on the I/O bus.

How can I do this on the RS6000?  National doesn't have a driver for this
card under AIX.  I could probably get to an answer if someone could send me
source for a skeleton device driver that writes to the I/O bus.  I am still
waiting on the paper manuals so I can't just check there.

I suspect this has already been discussed here but the problem has suddenly
become relevant in the physics department at Cornell where we are getting
some 30 odd machines in the near future for this sort of application.

Any help would be desperately appreciated and would save us lots of time.

               many thanks,
                    Peter Lorraine   (lorraine at msc2.tn.cornell.edu)