The C preprocessor

Glenn R. Stone gs26 at prism.gatech.EDU
Sat Nov 24 15:06:08 AEST 1990

lindner at cs.umn.edu (Paul Lindner) writes:
> schales at photon.tamu.edu (Douglas Lee Schales) writes:
>>Is there any way to get the C preprocessor in AIX 3.0 to allow the following

>>/**/#########

>>it ignores the comments and tries to process the #'s as a directive.

>Aha, sounds like you've ported X11R4 imake.  I had this problem too.
>I'm not sure of the solution.....  I wonder how IBM did it .... ?

Go look.  The sources for IBM's Imake are buried in /usr/lpp/X11
with the development package....  There is also a directive you can
give the compiler to make it use /lib/cpp instead of the built-in
preprocessor wired into xlc.

   "Use the force --
    Read the Source"
        old Unix adage, still valid for this third
        generation apprentice guru

e-mail me for more hints....

-- Glenn R. Stone
gs26 at prism.gatech.edu