Building bootable floppies for AIX

Dipto Chakravarty dipto at umbc3.UMBC.EDU
Fri Nov 30 02:06:15 AEST 1990

Thanks to all who sent me the information for RS/6000 boot floppies.
I received many helpful instructions, which I plan to summarize and
post shortly, if there is a need.

It appears that AIX3 deals with the issue much more directly, as it
is in the case of SCO and ISC System V/386. PS/2 AIX 1.x, however
seems to make life quite difficult.

Any comments/suggestions for dealing with this system administrative
task for the PS/2s? What would a SA do in case of a system crash if
he/she were to recover files from tape media whose drivers are not
in the default PS/2 AIX kernel that comes with the normal IBM
distribution, for use in the maintenance mode in the event of a crash?

--
    dipto at umbc.bitnet -----\                     /----- uunet!ats!dipto
 dipto at umbc3.umbc.edu ------>   In-real-life:   <------ +1 301 384 1425