XStation 120 - AIXWindows vs. real X11 - Obstracle

Kai Martin Mezger mezger at dia.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Nov 19 07:58:00 AEST 1990

We are running some of those XStation 120 pizza-boxes connecting to a
RISC/6000 320 via thin-wire ethernet.

Trying to get an xterm (et. al.) from our HP-Boxes (HP-UX 7.0)
displaying on these "displays" we don`t get nothing. Our PC/RTs
display just great, so it won`t be a matter of disabled access (we do
a xhost +).

Did anybody on the net solve this or similar ?
802.3 ?!?) ?

Btw., did anybody experience a speedup of this boxes using their
"native" fonts instead of those in the AIXWindows-Distribution?

As always... ANY help will be aprecciated

Martin

|Kai Martin Mezger          BITNET: mezger%dia%ifistg at unido.bitnet,	      |
|				 or MEZGER AT DS0LILOG.BITNET	              |
|Student 		     local: mezger at dia				      |
|Universitaet Stuttgart       UUCP: ...!uunet!unido!ifistg!dia!mezger         |
|BR Deutschland	          Internet: mezger at dia.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de    |
|		     X.400: mezger at dia.ifi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.dbp.de    |