IBM 1.2 MB 5" diskette drive unit

Carlos Alejandro Schuler schuler at euler.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Nov 22 18:01:22 AEST 1990

We have recently obtained a 1.2MB 5" external diskette drive unit
(sorry, I don't have the model number at hand now) for our PS/2
486 running AIX 1.2, TCF and DOS Merge. I can get the unit working fine with
native DOS using the device driver supplied with the unit. However,
no device driver was supplied for AIX. I tried to "direct attach" the
unit to DOS Merge by invoking its device driver from the config.sys file ...
with the foreseeable disastrous results.

Has anybody out there got a similar unit working? Help ...!

Please e-mail since I don't read this newsgroup often.

Thanks,
Carlos Schuler