RS/6000 DItroff to PostScript

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan
Fri Nov 30 10:52:53 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov29.152058.4343 at ibmpcug.co.uk>, stevem at ibmpcug.co.uk
(Steve Marsden) writes:
Steve> I have an RS/6000 running AIX 3, with an HP LaserJet III, to
Steve> which I have added an HP PostScript cartridge.  Now I need the
Steve> ability to convert ditroff output to PostScript.  I gather that
Steve> there is a PD utility "tpscript", and that the "transcript"
Steve> utility may also do the same.  Can someone please fill me in on
Steve> some of the details, or suggest other utilities and sources of
Steve> info.

You might want to try the freeware psroff (version 2.0) utility to
turn [tn]roff files into PostScript or LaserJet output... I haven't
used it on AIX 3.1, but earlier versions worked nicely on other
systems that I tried it on. The source was posted recently to
alt.sources and is available by anonymous ftp (sites posted to
comp.archives earlier this week).

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +