postscript output from troff?

Richard A Johnson raj at pollux.geog.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 16 12:49:10 AEST 1990

I'll ask an embarassing question.  Maybe someone from IBM will be listening:

Why is it that I can produce output from troff for an HP Laserjet but not for
my IBM Personal Pageprinter II; i.e. Postscript?  I know, I could put my IBM
printer in HP mode, but I'd rather keep it compatable with every other printer
in our department!

Does anyone know where I can get the /usr/lib/font/dev??? files for a
postscript printer?  Apparently the only devices IBM expects you to use are:

	devhplj     devibm3812  devibm3816

These troff font files look quite a bit different from the ones under BSD 4.3
so I can't just move my old postscript descriptions over.