A neat trick for your RS/6000's

Doug Stailey dstailey at gnu.ai.mit.edu
Fri Nov 2 13:11:42 AEST 1990

Today I learned how to switch virtual screens on an IBM HFT.  Since I
could not find this in the documentation and it's usefull I decided to
tell the world.

>From the green text screen on the HFT type "open sh" (you may
substitute csh, ksh or bash for sh if you prefer).  You will notice
that the screen will clear.  This is a new virtual terminal that you
are looking at.  To switch back and forth between this and your
previous screen press the right alt and ctrl keys at once.  If you
start X-windows from one of the screens you can jump in and out of X
and text-only mode
--
disclaimer: This message is sold by weight, not volume.  Contents may have
	    settled during shipment.