MIT's X11R(3,4) for AIX 2.2.1 ???

Michael F. Brantley brantley at owlnet.rice.edu
Tue Nov 27 02:43:20 AEST 1990

This is a note to all you AIX 2.2.1 RT users out there.

I've hacked our installation of AIXwindows time and time again to resolve
incompatibilities with the MIT X11 release.  At the moment I'm enjoying
a little problem with font aliasing - it's not supported.  I'm convinced
that I could avoid more problems in the future by compiling the MIT release
of either X11R3 or X11R4 for the RT.  Has anyone been successful in doing
either ???  I realize that development efforts for R4 on AIX 2.2.1 were
abandoned halfway through the effort, but at the moment R4 comes closer to
compiling under AIX than does R3.  Have any of the developers done any
unofficial work getting R4 running under AIX 2.2.1 ???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Michael Brantley
Office of Networking and Computing Systems
Rice University, Houston, Texas
(brantley at rice.edu)