AIX/PS2 Running on Clones?

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Wed Nov 28 02:04:49 AEST 1990

In article <19900 at oolong.la.locus.com> brian at electra.la.locus.com (Brian D. Horn) writes:
>	There is no guarantee of AIX running on non-PS/2 machines, however
>it will run on non-MCA machines (just don't complain when something
>doesn't work).  The biggest problem one might run into is the console
>driver, but if the card is VGA compatible even that might work.  Other
>device drivers - you're on your own.

I'd imagine that the disk driver would be a possible source of problems,
since IBM's embedded ESDI disks have a rather unusual controller
which does not look at all like your typical MFM/RLL AT-bus controller.
(I know AIX PS/2 1.2 added support for the Mod 55 with its MFM disk.
I don't know whether it looks like most AT-bus type controllers.)

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer
dyer at arktouros.mit.edu, dyer at hstbme.mit.edu