AIX 1.2 and Maxtor SCSI hard disk - HELP PLEASE!

Richard Mayson rlm at jdyx.UUCP
Mon Nov 5 13:34:32 AEST 1990

AIX 1.2, as is, will not support your 660 drive.  If you have somewhere
to mount the installation diskette, you can edit the control file that
tells AIX about the disk drive.  The file that you are after is
/etc/fsmap.  It is present on an installed system but you will have to
edit the one on the installation diskette.  You will find stanzas for
each filesystem in the form of:

	"I386_PRI120"	root - for a 120mb drive
	"I386_LCL120"	/local
	"I386_U120"	/u
	"I386_DMP120"	dump
	"I386_PAGE120"	page
	"I386_TMP120"	/local/tmp

add:	"I386_PRI655"
	"I386_PRI660"
	"I386_PRI665"

I would suggest adding 3 lines each.  For example, if the reference
diskette shows a 658mb drive, add a line for a 655, 660, and 665,
there is a small % for error.  DO NOT copy the existing file from the
hard drive to the diskette.  Basically, just add into the fsmap file
that is on the installation diskette and FOLLOW IT'S FORMAT!

Richard Mayson
rlm at jdyx.atlanta.ga.us