aix's "Enhanced X Windows"

Bill Wohler wohler at sapwdf.UUCP
Wed Apr 3 17:16:32 AEST 1991

  this message from jim made me chuckle.  but don't tell him i was the
  one who gave ibm a clue...

						--bw
						wohler at sap-ag.de

From: jg at crl.dec.com (Jim Gettys)
Newsgroups: comp.windows.x
Subject: Re: What's in a name:  "X Window"
Date: 30 Mar 91 18:31:40 GMT

> In article <1991Mar29.231159.24791 at ico.isc.com> scottw at ico.isc.com (Scott Wiesner) writes:
> >For a long time, everyone seemed to refer to X as X Windows.  There
> >were lots of comments explaining it's not called X Windows, it's a
> >window system called X.  In the last year or so, I've seen many references
> >in magazines to "X Window".

I never heard of an "X Windowing System" or "X Windows"....

How about "X Window System"?

Look at it this way; the companies/magazines/people who get it wrong
makes it easy to identify those who don't know anything about X or
X11...  Therefore easy to ignore...  If they didn't get it wrong, it
would be much harder to identify the amateurs...
			- Jim Gettys