It works everywhere else, but not on AIX

Tony Sanders sanders at cactus.org
Tue Apr 16 09:30:54 AEST 1991

If you are running AIX2.something (on an RT for example) then "df" works the
way you described (I don't know why), however it should work the way you
expect on AIX3.1 (RS/6000) unless your directory is unreadable or corrupted.

In article <1991Apr15.182214.10391 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Phil Howard KA9WGN) writes:
>Is there any way to get machine language output from the C compiler?
You want to check out the "Compiler Options" in info on AIX3.1 if you
are on an RS/6000 (I think -qlist does what you want).  That might also
work for the RT but I can't say for sure because my RT is unplugged.

For the other stuff you'll need to post more specific information.
As far as I know read()/write() work correctly on all versions of AIX.

-- sanders at cactus.org
Brilliance is typically the act of an individual, but incredible stupidity can
usually be traced to an organization. -- "More Programming Perls", Jon Bentley
I am not an IBM representative, I speak only for myself.