I/O to the RS/6000 mca bus

Lars Soltau lso at softpro.stgt.sub.org
Fri Apr 19 03:56:21 AEST 1991

I am about to write a device driver for an mca adapter previously running in
a PS/2.

After studying the sample device drivers in /usr/lpp/bos/samples, I couldn't
help noticing that the interesting parts were all cut out:
/* Code removed which handles PIO read */

So, where's the beef? I realize that there is a /dev/bus0 special file, but
isn't ioctl forbidden in a device driver environment? There must be other
methods, but no code in the samples directory shows how to do it.

Please mail all information you have about this, I'll summarize to the net.--
Lars Soltau	lso at softpro.stgt.sub.org
#include <stddiscl.h>