But what about less INODES (Re: Need more inodes)

John P. Eisenmenger jpe at egr.duke.edu
Fri Apr 19 04:14:54 AEST 1991

I noticed something yesterday that I'm not happy about in the least.  When
I ran "du" (while setting up "spacegripe") I noticed that all of the file
block sizes were multiples of 4.  In other words, it looks like IBM decided
to not have any fragmented blocks.  Being that my machine will be the target
for many, many small files (spice input files, etc.), this is a very unat-
tractive "feature" although I can see how it would speed up the filesystem.

At least you know you won't run out of inodes...

-John