kermit for RS6000

Vic Abell abe at mace.cc.purdue.edu
Tue Apr 9 00:11:40 AEST 1991

In article <4481 at gmdzi.gmd.de> gmap19 at gmdzi.gmd.de (Horst Schwichtenberg) writes:

>A short while ago, kermit for RS6000's (AIX) from watsun.cc.columbia.edu
> was announced in this group. It would be nice if someone will post again
> the directory name and the filenames for ftping.

I recommend using the kermit in kermit/ck4f at watsun.cc.columbia.edu.
It is version 4F(095), while the "official" current version in kermit/a
is 4E(070).  I had some locking problems with 4E(070) that disappeared
when I used 4F(095).

If you choose to use version 4E(070), then you should begin by reading
kermit/a/aaaread.me.  It explains the kermit distribution and naming
methods, or points to other files that do.  If you want 4F(095) get all
the files in kermit/ck4f.

Vic Abell <abe at mace.cc.purdue.edu>