dd | remsh dd under AIX 1.2

J.E.Ward jew at rt.sunquest.com
Wed Apr 10 08:34:06 AEST 1991

I have tried several times and ways today to do something I've done on
lots of other machines with no problem, essentially:

dd bs=1024k if=/dev/rmt0 | remsh HostWithTapeDrive dd bs=1024k of=/dev/rmt0

This aborts in the following manner under AIX 1.2:

AIX instfe 1.2> dd bs=1024k if=/dev/rmt0 | remsh rt dd bs=1024k of=/dev/rmt0
dd write error: Invalid argument

3+0 records in
2+0 records out

Can anyone tell me why this doesn't work?  As I said before, I've done
this sort of thing in the past on other systems with no problem.
Thanks in advance...

J. E. Ward	jew at sunquest.com

Confucious say...
He was so narrow-minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.