Help with cpp woes

Blaise Haae blaise at sparc1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu
Wed Apr 24 22:04:41 AEST 1991

In article <carl.671430432 at probitas> carl at probitas.cs.utas.edu.au (Carl Lewis) writes:

>AIX's poor old cpp gives up the ghost about three macro levels down.
>Unfortuantely I cannot repeat the bug with a simple test case.
>xlc, bsdcc , cc all fail at various stages with both the inbuilt
>and external cpp (/lib/). I've even tried /usr/lpp/X11/Xamples/util/cpp !
>, further than that I've tried porting BSD4.3 cpp which doesn't
>work either. (it doesn't understand #elif :-( ).
>
>Does anyone have a solution in the way of flags or non brain dead cpp
>source ?
>
>Thanks
>Carl, Programmer (etc) with University of Tasmania

Carl,
	You might want to try out the cpp from GCC 1.39.  The only
changes you'll have to make to the code involve adding the following
lines to cccp.c and cexp.c:

	#ifdef _IBMR2
	#pragma alloca
	#endif

Probably best to insert the lines just after the initial comments.
Typing 'make cpp' should create cpp (and cccp unless you change the
makefile).

Hope this helps
-Blaise, University of Hawaii Computing Center