SHUTDOWN on AIX 3.1

Bryan Moore moore at emily.uvm.edu
Wed Apr 17 23:05:22 AEST 1991

I would like to give users on my system the ability to do a
'shutdown' from a $ prompt. I've tried setting up a script
which sets the users id to root and group id to system, and
then calls shutdown, but thi doesn't work. Can someone let
me know if this is possible, and if so how?

Thanks!

-Bryan
BRYAN R. MOORE          	    |   "Last night I had that same old dream
EMAIL: moore at uvm-gen.uvm.edu	    |    it rocked me in my sleep, it gave me
USMAIL: 12 Waybury Rd. Colchester,  |    the impression the sandman plays for
  Vermont 05446                     |    keeps..."   Larry Norman