Slimming down a file system

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.uucp
Fri Apr 5 05:25:25 AEST 1991

During the install process on my PowerServer 520, the installer slurped
up all the free file system space and gave it to /usr.  But once I've
removed the preloads and other junk I don't want, there's lots of
space left over I would rather put in /u or elsewhere.  Playing around
in smit and looking through the documentation, it seems IBM only supplies
commands to expand file systems, not shrink them.  Do I have to roll the
whole thing out to tape and recreate it?  Has anyone else here encountered
this?

--
Ed Ravin            | Even if I could think of a profound, witty, insightful
cmcl2!panix!eravin  | quote to put here, who would bother reading it?