Problems getting AIX applications set up

Edward T Spire ets at wrkgrp.COM
Wed Apr 24 01:22:26 AEST 1991

In article <11854 at jarthur.Claremont.EDU> gdienes at jarthur.claremont.edu (Tas Dienes) writes:

>I just got an RS/6000 530 to play with, and I'm trying to get it set up to
>the point of being useful.  The problems I'm having are these:
>
>  - I compiled emacs, and it runs fine except the cursor keys don't work.
>    Both at the console and remote terminals, all I get from them is B's and
>    D's and such, or beeps, depending on its mood.  Using control keys works
>    fine, but sucks.

curses.h is broke.  It has two sets of KEY_defines, one for NLS support
another one that's more like what you see on other Unix systems.

You can fix it by making sure that the symbol NLS is defined before curs
is included.  So everywhere you see

     #include <curses.h>

you should preceed it with

     #define NLS 1

or some such...

Ed Spire                           email: ets at wrkgrp.com      (on uunet)
The Workstation Group              voice: 800-228-0255
6300 River Road, Suite 700            or  708-696-4800
Rosemont, Illinois  60018            fax: 708-696-2277