Printing on another BSD host

rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com
Fri Apr 19 02:39:06 AEST 1991

> We have no problem getting the files to print from AIX, but for some
> reason we do not get the banner.  From all the other systems we get a
> banner with the filename, hostname, username, and date and time.  I
> have been through SMIT and all the configuration files I can find, and
> I cannot find anything which purports to impact this facility.  Has
> anyone else conquered this problem?

The banner page is referred to as a burst page.  To read about it,
search info for print & burst in the same article.

To change it, change the queue device characteristics (fast path is
smit chquedev) and change the header and/or trailer pages.  The default
is never so that you save paper.
IBM AIX Porting Center  | RSCS: CHUKRAN at AUSTIN
11400 Burnet Rd.        | AWDnet: rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com
Internal ZIP 2830       | internet: chukran at austin.iinus1.ibm.com
Austin, Texas 78758     | Voice: 512-838-4674  Tieline: 678-4674