Printing on another BSD host

Mark R. Ludwig mrl at uai.com
Thu Apr 18 02:56:37 AEST 1991

Our RS/6000 was a late entry into our network, so we want `lpr' print
jobs to be printed on a printer on another host.  We do this with all
our BSD-based Unix variants.

We have no problem getting the files to print from AIX, but for some
reason we do not get the banner.  From all the other systems we get a
banner with the filename, hostname, username, and date and time.  I
have been through SMIT and all the configuration files I can find, and
I cannot find anything which purports to impact this facility.  Has
anyone else conquered this problem?

Thanks in advance.$$
--
INET: mrl at uai.com        UUCP: uunet!uaisun4!mrl       PSTN: 213/822-4422
USPS: 7740 West Manchester Boulevard, Suite 208, Playa del Rey, CA  90293