Questioniare of RS/6000 useage etc.

Geoff Coleman geoff at edm.uucp
Tue Apr 23 02:29:57 AEST 1991

	This is my first annual survey of RS/6000 users. It is primarily
designed to be answered by system admins but any and all answers are
welcome. I'll compile the responses over the next few weeks and post a
compilation of the results.
	Please e-mail me the answers: geoff at edm.uucp

1) Machine Type  ____________

2) Release level of AIX ________

3) Is the machine used as a workstation or server? _________

4) If a server how many non-network terminal connections? ________

5) Is the machine used for production or evaluation/testing work? ______

6) How heavily loaded is the machine (always see idle, usually see idle,
   go days without seeing idle) ? ____________

7) Do you have any modems on the machine (If so are they bi-directional)? ____

8) Do you use only IBM peripherals (if no what makes and models)? ______

9) Do you have any special AIX patches applied? ___________

10) Are you using commercial software on the machine (eg. WordPerfect, Oracle,
    etc. )?

11) If yes to 10 which packages?

12) What are your general impressions of the box, any peculiar problems with
    it etc. (this is the subjective section).

Geoff Coleman