troff -t on AIX3.1?

Ronald S Woan woan at nowhere
Tue Apr 16 13:58:22 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr15.202022.14455 at dartvax.dartmouth.edu> paw at eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Pat Wilson) writes:
>On all the other troffs I run, troff -t sends its (processed) output
>to stdout.  IBM doesn't have the -t option, which makes it difficult
>to use the same scripts that I run everywhere else.  I've got two
>questions:
>  - is there a way to duplicate the -t behavior of troff in the IBM
>product that I've missed in the info page?
>  - is this bug/feature going to be fixed/changed with 3005 (and psroff)?

While "psroff -t" does indeed work with 3005, with ditroff "-t" seems
unnecessary unless I am missing it's function as it normally outputs
to stdout anyway which is why you need to use "troff -Tibm3812 -man
xwd.man|ibm3812|enq" to print to an IBM 3812 printer (enq to actually
send it to the printer), for instance...  Just try "troff filename"
and see what comes out...

+ Ronald S. Woan                woan at cactus.org or woan at austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +